MAppTheol, GradDipAppTheol, GradDipTchg, BA
Rachel co-teaches the Family and NZ Society course. She was previously on the Carey staff team and served Carey for over eight years. Rachel now serves the northern baptist churches working with the Northern Baptist Association.
Rachel has a background in teaching and pastoring. She completed her Postgraduate Diploma at Carey while working full time as the Pastor for Family Ministries at Northpoint Baptist Church. While working at Carey she completed her Masters. Rachel has a passion for families and children within both the church and the wider community.
“I enjoy engaging with the amazing students who attend Carey, having fun with the fabulous staff team, and love the privilege to work in the wider pastoral world.”
- Children and Family Leadership
- Intergenerational faith formation
- Theology of Family
- Rachel Roche. Our Stories: Journeying together in an appreciative inquiry with all ages at Franklin Baptist Church. Masters Thesis, Carey Baptist College, 2019.
- Roche, Rachel. “Rachel.” A Grip on Grief – Youth face to face with loss. Edited by Elsa McInnes. Auckland: Castle Publishing, 2001.
- Roche, Rachel. “We Love Children and Families.” What We Love. Edited by Myk Habets and John Tucker. Auckland: Archer Press, 2017.